15 June 2005

June 15 ~ 47 Degrees and Raining

Ok, it is COLD today in Maine. Am I weather obsessed? This year I certainly am! We had a very unusual springtime with highs in the 50s and a ton of rain. Last week we had a warm stretch and it seemed summer had finally descended upon us. But today winter is fighting for a last hurrah before letting any of us put our sweaters and coats away for good.

I'm wearing jeans, wool socks, a long-sleeved shirt and a jacket. I'm thinking of building a fire in the wood stove, but that just seems sick and wrong in the middle of June. We planned to drive to the beach later this week, but the highs are only forecasted in the 50s and low 60s. Mainers aren't complaining yet, but they're a bit perplexed about this odd weather.

Yet ~ I spoke to a friend in Virginia yesterday where the heat and humidity is almost unbearable and I have to smile as I snuggle into my coat and drink hot cocoa. Compared with their weather, in my book, THIS is the way life should be. :)

Copyright © 2005 - Paulla Estes

No comments: