26 January 2007

Blustery

It is -5 degrees outside our kitchen window this morning. Of course, to me anyway, -5 is not all that different from +5. Once you get below about 20 degrees, it's just a matter of how quickly your sinuses freeze, but to me, it doesn't feel colder.

Yet, this morning, there are also blustery arctic winds blowing in from the north, so that -5 degree temperature actually feels like about -20. I walked out into our garage, which is at just about +10 degrees, and it felt ok. Yet when I opened the back door to let the dog out, the wind hit me in the face and it hurt. A lot.

I guess this is a result of all that global warming we keep hearing about... :)

Either way, if you have the good fortune to be in Maine on this chilly day, dress appropriately. Wear many layers and don't leave any skin exposed if you're going to be outside for any length of time that is longer than just walking out to your car.

Copyright © 2007 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

RennyBA said...

Coming from Norway, I just love this kind of weather. My saying is: there is no such as bad weather, only bad cloths so I do like your recommendations:-)
Btw: I came to your as you are listed as related blog at BlogFlux. I think I know why now.

Paulla said...

Thanks for saying hi! Norway looks (and sounds) so lovely. Keep warm, and thanks for sharing! :)