01 August 2007

Morning Views around our Garden

I'm trying to take long, deep breaths and have a relaxed mindset - - in spite of the fact that August is here. That means one more month until Labor Day Weekend, which translates to mean, one more month of tourist season, one more month of going to the beach, one more month of the flowers looking really great, and one more month until school starts.

It also means only two more months until Halloween and the first freeze.

WAIT! No - I didn't mean to go there.

Here is the morning view around our garden - TODAY - on the first of August, while summer is still very much here...


The hydrangea is in full bloom...


The roma tomatoes are on the brink of turning red...


The green pepper is just about ready...


And a few days ago, we discovered this little guy hanging around the back of the house near the water hose (that my son often leaves dripping - argh). Anyway, he's cute - the frog, I mean. Yeah, my son is, too. :)


Have a great day, friends!

Copyright © 2007 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing wonderful pictures! Great to connect to a place where I used to live! Enjoy your month!

Huskerbabe said...

Love the pics. But technically it's closer to three months to halloween, does that make you feel better?

Paulla said...

Oh my, you're right! Yes, I feel MUCH better now, Kris. :)

Lee said...

Uggg! Where did the summer go. I don't want them to go back to school, I'll be yelling in the morning for them to get up, eat, there goes the bus, Summer just got here.