03 September 2007

Paint Job

Ok, I know everyone is sick of looking at pictures of my house, but hey, I don't get out much, LOL. Our house was like 8 years overdue for a paint job, and my wonderful son did the honors for us this summer. He finished just a few short days ago, and then headed off to college.

Here are the before (taken in the spring) and after photos... as you see, we changed the color of the shutters, and the doors haven't been painted yet (they'll remain red) but who knows when we'll get to that, now that school is starting tomorrow.





I suppose I should mention the kitchen which is now painted, but not everything is back in order yet. Pics will follow soon. However, I bought the wrong type of tape (too much adhesive) and when I took it off the newly painted white trim, some of the paint came with it. Argh.

Oh, and here is a little guy we found in the woodpile while stacking wood for winter. Our daughters finished today - hooray!



Happy new school year everyone.

Copyright © 2007 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Rooty said...

Nice paint job on the house!
Looks good...

Cindy said...

The house looks very nice! As for that lizzard- I remarked to someone once that finding them means there is good water nearby- only to have him reply, "just remember, they go potty too..." I had a mouthful of some beverage (not water, thankfully) at the time he said it, and it sprayed all over the table. I still haven't lived it down.

kristen said...

Paula,
the house looks great! I love the new color and I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.