25 November 2007

Blue Skies...

Buy at Art.comIt's funny how the color of the sky impacts my outlook in such a big way. I've been sick for 10 days now and the last few nights have been sleepless - literally. I'm realizing first hand why sleep-deprivation is used as a form of torture. Trust me, if I knew any government secrets, I'd tell them to any and everyone just for an HOUR of sleep. Even a half hour. Call me weak, but I've been coughing non-stop for four nights and I've not had more than 5 minutes of sleep in a row. I kid you not.

Today I went to the doctor for the SECOND time this weekend, and they gave me antibiotics (which they probably should have given me the first time). But as awful as I felt, the sun was shining and the sky was the most amazing color of blue. I felt better just seeing that. Really, I did. Forget the antibiotics, just give me a prescription for a late fall, blue-sky day in Maine, three times a day for 10 days. I truly think that would cure me.

After the doctor's appointment, I came home and fell asleep on the couch, only to wake up 5 minutes later, coughing. But hey, it WAS 5 minutes. That's something. :)

Copyright © 2007 - Paulla Estes

No comments: