23 February 2008

Wintertime Procrastination

We have to make a trip to the dump today.

I find it very easy to procrastinate when thinking about a trip to the dump during the winter months. It is cold and it’s no fun to bag up all the trash and recyclables and load them into the snowy bed of our pick-up truck with frigid winds whipping across our faces. It’s also easy to leave all the garbage sealed up in the garbage cans in our garage in winter. It’s all frozen and we don’t even notice it’s there.

In the summer months, I’m spurred on to go to the dump at least once a week, sometimes more, depending on the temperatures and what exactly is in our trash. I do not want garbage odors wafting through our garage, greeting us whenever we go outside, or when we come home.

But summer is a long way off.

Today, there’s a 3-inch layer of fresh snow on the ground and I’m watching out the window as gusts of wind furiously blow all the snow off the trees. The sun is out but it’s so cold. SO cold.

I really should go rally the troops and start getting everything bagged up.

Or maybe I could sit here for just a little while longer. Would a few more days make a difference? I really can’t smell anything at all…

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

No comments: