13 March 2008

The Maine Things

No, not a misspelling there.

Yesterday I focused on what I don’t have and what I want… but the reality is that even though my wish list is MUCH longer than the one I wrote here (especially after visiting a local antique store today), I really have so much for which to be thankful. Don’t we all?

1. The clean air here in Maine.
2. The almost non-existent traffic - yes, even in the summer. Remember, I've lived in Southern Cal. NOTHING compares.
3. A roof over our heads.
4. Cars that work – most of the time.
5. A good, trust-worthy mechanic for when they don’t.
6. My family.
7. A steady income.
8. The freedom to worship how we choose.
9. The freedom to say what we think. Or not.

I could go on, but you get the idea. When I think along these lines, I wonder how I could ever be discontent.

And another thing for which I am ALWAYS thankful is the blue sky days like we’re having today. Isn’t this pretty? It’s just down the road from our house…


Have a good day and be thankful, friends.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula

Yes we have much to be grateful for, we should make our list regularly to remind ourselves!

Have a good weeken, it sounds mushy where you are, sunny where I am. Autumn (Fall) is on it's way, my fave season, but oh so short!!

LG