01 April 2008

April Fool's Day

I guess the joke's on me today.

Every time I start up my computer, it silently laughs at me and then shuts down all on its own.

I'll spare you most of the gory details, but each time I start it back up, it makes all kinds of nasty threats, taunts me a few times, and then laughs and shuts down again.

It's evil, I tell you.

Thankfully, we have two other computers in the house. Yes, even here in Maine, we're technologically sound. Perhaps not advanced, but definitely sound.

Well, we will be, I supposed, when we can exorcise this demon out of my computer. Then, once again, all will be right with the world.

Until then, happy April. I'm back from Rhode Island and I saw my first robin of the season today - several of them, in fact - no fooling. They were all digging in the snow, wondering "what the heck, I came north for this?"

Still, the thermometer is pushing 50 today and the snow is melting like gangbusters.

Whatever that means. I'm not sure I've ever written that phrase before right now. Must be my evil computer influencing me to do odd things. I'd better step away now before I say something REALLY weird.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Tom said...

50 degrees? Yea! That's great! Hopefully it'll be at least 70 by the time I meander up there. By the way, I made reservations for my brother and I for a couple of days in Ogunquit at the Ogunquit Resort Motel. June 18th - 21st. Wells Beach was too expensive. Anyway, take care and keep up the warm temps! Bye-bye snow! LOL