28 April 2008

Little Bit of Heaven

We spent our entire weekend at a state basketball tournament.

One ritual we have when going to basketball games or church is to stop at Starbucks so my hubby can get a double tall white chocolate mocha. Whatever that is. I don’t do coffee.

In the fall, I sometimes get a caramel apple cider, but only once in a while. It’s really good – REALLY good – but I think Starbucks is way overpriced and gimmicky, so there you go.

But this weekend, my daughter wanted to get a strawberries and cream frappuccino. Eww, I thought – strawberry coffee? No, she explained, it’s more like a shake.

So she got one and I tried it.

Let me tell you, I am not a person who is easily surprised. Very little shocks me. But that strawberries and cream frappuccino was the best thing I’ve ever had. I kept going on and on about how good it was, and my husband and daughter were cracking up. I told them I could now die a happy person because I had tasted heaven.

Sure, it’s just a little thing, but sometimes the little things make all the difference.

Oh, and on a different note - that HUGE rainstorm we're getting right now - just imagine if that was snow. It would be measured in feet.

I'm so glad it's spring.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Beth said...

My daughter orders this "upside down". No, it is not served upside down, it is just made with more strawberry than cream. Very sweet, very rich, verrrrrrry good.

Huskerbabe said...

Hmm, sounds good, but I always order a white chocolate latte. :>)
Glad you found a yummy new drink!

KathyLikesPink said...

I'm a Pacific Northwest native. Starbucks runs in our veins. And it is GOOOOOD. I'm a basic soy latte person.

I've never tried any of the smoothie, fruity drinks. You sure make it sound devine!

Larry's Dad said...

Try a carmel apple cider with a shot of espresso! Tastes like liquid apple pie... Yummy apply pie!!!

A local barista introduced me to it, and I guess ya' either love it or hate it.

Get you some odd looks when you order it too!