11 May 2008

Mother's Day - Past and Present

I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's day.

We didn't have an especially note-worthy day, but any day with family wins a gold star in my book. Here are a few photos from the past (not past Mother's Days, but just past days with my littles - when they WERE little.)

Here's my first, when he was about a year old. Can you tell it was the 80s?



This was five years later when our first daughter was born - thankfully we were into the 90s by now.



A mere year later (one year and three weeks, to be exact), our second daughter was born.


By the way, that don't-ever-touch-me-again look on my face is directed at my husband.

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pics of the same children (in the same order) in which they are smiling. I found very few pictures of them smiling while I was holding them. Rather than take it personally, I choose to believe it's because they couldn't SEE me. Yeah, that's it. (And yeah, I know the newborn wouldn't be smiling anyway, but trust me I couldn't find any of her smiling with me, either).

Kid #1 -



Kid #2 -



Kid #3 -



Here they all are with hair and smiles (note that once again, I am not in the photo. I think it was because I was taking this photo, that they were smiling so happily).



And here we are today. No more 80s big hair, no more pudgy baby faces and hands, no more gazing into my eyes as if I know everything. Boy, did that last one ever change.

From left to right, we have kid #2, me, kid #1 and kid #3.



Happy Mother's Day.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ah, Great kids! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

KathyLikesPink said...

Lovely family!

And you sure did resemble Jennifer Beals in the 80's!

Jeff said...

Handsome family.