26 June 2008

Summer in Maine doesn't crawl; it sprints.

A couple of days ago I was at the grocery store, and the lady bagging the groceries made a comment about how it was finally warm outside, and how it was about time, seeing that it’s almost the Fourth of July.

That stunned me.

Just because we’re nearing the end of June, doesn’t mean we’re already at the Fourth of July, does it?

In my mind, the Fourth is the unofficial mid-point of summer. Summer vacation, that is. Of course, this year, due to unforeseen circumstances, we didn’t finish our homeschooling until June 13. We usually end before the month of May is over.

Our summer vacation is just getting going.

It made me want to grab the calendar and stomp on it until it slows down to a crawl, rather than the sprint it seems to be taking.

I’m sure spending my day fretting about it will solve everything and for once, summer in Maine will never end. I’m optimistic like that.

* * *

On a different note, I left a comment for all the great comments about our bathroom tile, but I thought I’d address it again here. I’m going to go with the lighter, wood-looking tile. After my hubby brought home more samples yesterday, my head began to spin. I told him just now that I’m going with the lighter tile and that if I had to prolong the decision for even another minute, I’d surely shoot myself.

Thank you for all the great input; it REALLY helped me. And I’m glad I don’t have to shoot myself.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Hi - Ive just popped over from Cindy's blob...... I was looking down her list of maties and your Blob Title caught me eye.....

I sent almost 3 weeks last summer in Maine with my youngest of 4 sons..... we flew over to stay with a matie...... and I FELL IN LOVE with Maine........ oh my, what I would give to live there...... I dont know what part you live, but we stayed just outside Portland......

Now that I have found you I will take some time to scroll back and try and get the feel of your blob, if thats ok.....

fanks :)

x

KathyLikesPink said...

I know - I feel the same way - 4th of July already? Darling Daughter didn't even get out of school until June 19.

This summer I'm working half-days, five days a week, and that's putting a new spin on summer too.

We've had so much rain it feels like we'll never see the sun again.