17 July 2008

Snakes in Maine

When we came to Maine, we were told that there are no poisonous snakes here. At all. In fact, we were told that they are stopped at the border - along with termites.

Cool - I can live with that.

But that doesn't mean we don't have snakes.

Did you hear THIS STORY today?

Creepy. I have to admit, after reading it, I looked twice as I took laundry out of the machine this afternoon.

* * * * *

On a different note, I've been MIA for the past week or so because we spent the weekend in Rhode Island with relatives and put our daughters on a plane to spend some time in New Mexico with my mom.

My goal has been to finish all my summer projects in the short time that they are gone. Though this is an impossible task, I'm still trying. I'm stupid like that.

I do have great pictures (and a great story) from our time in Rhode Island, and lots of other things to say - but no time to say it - or type it, as the case would be.

Soon, very soon.

Stay cool, friends. This weekend is supposed to be quite the scorcher.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Huskerbabe said...

Yes, I read that. I'm still trying to figure out how a snake that large could get in the water pipes though. Seems weird to me.

Paulla said...

I don't get it either. Weird.

Larry's Dad said...

Yah, I would think an 8' phython would be too large in diameter to fit into a standard washing machine water pipe.

Weird...