29 August 2008

Our Vacation - Last One

Yes, these are the last of the vacation photos. Sorry if I've taken advantage of the internet's collective good nature. At least I gave you a few days off. And really, there's been nothing new to see around our house. Soon you'll see pics of a renovated bathroom, and while there is little else as exciting as THAT, these will do for now.

Near the end of our week at the lake, my oldest was able to take a 24 hour break from his RA training and he spent the time with us. Typical college student that he is, within moments of his arrival, he promptly fell asleep in the hammock on the porch.



After dinner, he fell asleep again, only to awaken when the rest of us were ready to go to bed. But I did drag him outside for a couple of photos in between sleep times...




The next morning, my youngest and I got up for a 6 a.m. kayak tour of the islands on the lake. This is what we saw when we ventured outside, just after dawn...




Although it was cold, and it wasn't the sunrise we'd been hoping to see, it was still an amazing experience. Spooky, actually.




Later that day, the sun came back out and we were able to snap a photo of the turtle we'd been watching all week. Every time we got close enough to the log to shoot a photo, he plopped back into the water. This time, we got him.



Pretty thrilling, huh? Yeah, we were pretty relaxed by the end of the week, so spending all our time trying to photograph a turtle didn't seem so odd.



After a last day of more of the same, my son went back to college, and my middle daughter, who is not as inclined to wake up early, did a sunset kayak ride. This photo seems an appropriate ending to this post. Her ride came to an end as did our vacation; one we'll never forget.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm H. and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back (k5ino@bigstring.com) and I'll send you pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

H.

KathyLikesPink said...

Lovely photos. And those morning mist photos could be entered in a contest! They're great!

Cute kids, too!