09 September 2008

Politics

Recently, as would be expected, I've seen many of my favorite blogs talking about the presidential campaign. A long time ago, I decided not to "go there" on this blog. There are places for that, and this isn't it.

However, I read a blog this morning that I really liked, and I had to share it here:



I won't say I agree with this - because I won't go there. But I like it. A lot.

I will say this - if you see me on the street or at the local market, or if you call me on the phone or leave a comment here on my blog, please don't start talking to me as if you and I are in agreement on either of the candidates. We are not - I guarantee it. You can probably just assume that I disagree with you, regardless of who you're voting for. And along that same line, you can also assume that I do agree with you, regardless of who you're voting for. But I won't talk to you about it.

Cryptic? Yes. Bottom line? I won't go there. Both candidates love their country and believe their way is best. I respect that. Yes, I will vote, but last I checked, we still have a secret ballot. Most people seem to resent that, as they slap bumper stickers on their cars declaring who they did or did not vote for.

Whatever.

I just wish we could outlaw the ads that slam the other side. If there was a campaign for that - for stopping the negativity - I'd probably jump on board.

Ok, nuff said.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I heard a saying once that said, "Mud thrown is ground lost." I agree with it wholeheartedly. Outlaw the slamming ads!