12 November 2008

Leaves, Leaves, and More Leaves

Yesterday we began the arduous task of removing them from our lawn. The front lawn, anyway. Since everyone was home for Veteran's Day, we made use of the nice weather. Today I get to continue in the back yard. Alone.

Here is a little photo-journal of our day...

BEFORE...



DURING...



AFTER...



RAKING...



BAGGING...



LOADING THE TRUCK...



ARE WE DONE YET?



Yes, dear, we are finished - for now.

I find it to be slightly annoying that all the leaves don't really fall from the trees until very LATE in the fall. By that time, it is either too cold and windy to be dealing with dead leaves, or everything is covered in snow and it is a moot point.

After all the leaves we raked up yesterday, I'm amazed how how many are STILL ON THE TREES.

Case in point...



Ok, off to rake some more on this last forecasted sunny day for a while.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Tim said...

Hi
I battled with leaves yesterday as well. They are pretty in September but not so much now. Take care Tim

Connie said...

I showed the pictures to Bob. Earlier he said to me "it's freezing, what's the temperature?" The thermostat read 76!

Paulla said...

Connie, send Bob out here to help stack wood - that will warm him up for sure. You come too. You and I will sip hot cider while we watch him work. :)