26 December 2008

The Day After

Here's hoping everyone had a Merry Christmas with lots of goodies, happy times, and some semblance of peace after the madness of the shopping season.

I think it's both strange and tragic that the shopping starts right back up as soon as Christmas is over. I have to admit, I was at Wal-Mart at 8:00 this morning to pick up some groceries for a party my kids are having tonight, and my husband needed a cable for his new speakers. We didn't WANT to venture out, but we went early, found a store that had everything we needed, and we were out of there before 9:00.

Of course, as fate would have it, Wal-Mart did NOT have the right cable, so we had to go to Best Buy. And Home Depot was right down the road, so why not go there, too? Oh the madness! The crowds! The traffic! So I hear, anyway. I waited in the car at each of those stops with my John Grisham book. It was only 12 degrees outside, but we parked in the sunshine and I was cozy in my crowd-avoidance.

Now I'm typing awkwardly on a new laptop my husband gave me for Christmas. I've always typed on our traditional computer which is situated in the basement - the dry, yet unfinished basement. Now I can have my love affair with the internet while lounging by the Christmas tree, relaxing on the couch or even sitting in bed. Oh the freedom! I know most folks have experienced this already, but we're a little behind, I guess.

That's about all I have to report for Christmas at our house. Oh, and it's snowing again.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

California Girl said...

A white Christmas AND a laptop? I am soooo jealous! ;)

jessica said...

Nice blog...
Thanks for sharing with us..

___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free