24 December 2008

Let it Snow

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone.

I didn't even have a chance to post the photos from Monday afternoon, and I awakened to find that it's snowing again today.

Here is a photo from the dig-out on Monday...



I was intrigued by the wavy line my husband made down the driveway. I guess he wanted to make it interesting, as if removing 18 inches of snow from one's driveway isn't interesting enough on its own.

When I looked out this morning and saw more large flakes falling down, I thought about snapping a photo, but then I thought, "Hey, I could just use a photo from the Sunday afternoon storm that's already on my computer."

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm already feeling cynical about the snow. Don't get me wrong - I love it at this time of year. Unless we get a major tropical weather freak show over the next 14 hours, we are destined to have a white Christmas... and how cool is that?

I just know that last year, it snowed every Wednesday and Saturday. Remember? Go HERE to refresh your memory. This year, however, we seem to be getting snow just about every other day. And it's only been winter for three days. Three.

Ok, I'll stop now.

On another note, today is our middle daughter's 16th birthday. Yes, a Christmas Eve Baby. In fact, she was born in California at 11:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. We always remind her that had she been born in Maine, she'd have been born on Christmas Day. Not that it really matters, but for some reason, we talk about that every year. It's one of those stories where the parents begin it, and then the kids end it in a sing-song voice, reminding us that we've kicked that dead horse one too many times. But we will talk about it next year and until the end of time. It's just how we are.

It's tradition! Like the snow! Ack!

Merry Snowy Christmas, friends.

Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes

No comments: