20 January 2009

The Big Dig

I intended to post these photos yesterday, but I was just too tired after all the digging and plowing. It took my husband and me three hours to dig out our cars and driveway, not to mention the path to the meter and the path out back for our dog.

As always, the biggest job was at the end of the driveway where the snowplow (God love him) left a huge wall of hard-packed snow. Our faithful snowblower grunted, groaned, and threw two bolts, but it prevailed and the job is done.

Looking back now, it doesn't seem like much. 15 inches or so,... but 15 inches is 15 inches. Whew.

For me, digging out the cars (especially the pick-up) was the hardest part...



Getting through that snowplow wall...



A scene from our garden...



Lookin' out my back door...



Seems we got a two day break from the bitterly cold temperatures. The trade off was all that snow. Now the sky is clear again and the temps are falling.

Oh well. Only two months until Spring. Somehow that sentiment doesn't make me feel any warmer.

Copyright © 2009 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

jessica said...

Its an amazing blog...
just loved it a lot
thanks for sharing information with us...

___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free