20 March 2009

Half Empty or Half Full?

When I look at the snow still covering our yard, the pessimist in me sighs and tries desperately to remember what the garden looked like last summer. Was it really there? Did I dream it? Looking at ALL THAT SNOW at this time of year reminds of what it felt like to be in the 9th month of pregnancy; I thought it would never end and that I would always be pregnant.

Many years later, I'm thankful to say that all three of my children were born and I did not stay pregnant forever. Thank God.

But then, I also need to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. There's still quite a bit of snow out there, but so much of it has already melted. The path we dug through the back yard so our dog could go out is now completely clear and the grass is showing through. The driveway is dry and has been for a couple of weeks now (knock on wood!). There is no snow on the roof, so no more leaks!

And today, I actually fell asleep sitting in the sun. Ok, truth is, I was in the car and I had to wait for my daughter outside the library for about 20 minutes. It was 38 degrees but I was lucky to find a parking spot where the afternoon sun shone right through the windshield and onto me. So I promptly passed out.

There's nothing like a nap in the sun to usher in the first day of Spring. That and my great new banner picture at the top of this blog. By the way, that photo was not taken in Maine in March. Not even. Try late May. Or June. Yeah.

Copyright © 2009 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

jessica said...

Its an amazing blog...
just loved it a lot
thanks for sharing information with us...

___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free