14 May 2009

And about the tulips...

I refuse to put up photos of our pathetic tulips; or what USED to be tulips.

All over town the tulips are giving Mainers much needed doses of color after the long, grey winter. Tulips, like so many of the spring flowers, are fleeting. They pop up for a week or two, and then they're gone as quickly as they came.

I'm so thankful for the town's tulips, for my neighbor's tulips, for the library's tulips, for the nursing home's tulips... because our tulips were sabotaged by local vandals. Yes indeed, after only ONE DAY, our red and pink tulips, which were not incredibly impressive to begin with, were decapitated and ripped to shreds.

These vandals live in the neighborhood, I'm sure. I think I've seen them. They often hang out in our yard, lurking in the woods, peeking out from behind trees and shouting obscenities at the neighborhood cats. They also steal food. They raid the bird feeders behind our house and they even come into our garage and try to rifle through the garbage.

Worst of all, I've heard them on the roof. Why can't they be content to stay in their own homes and OFF mine?

The problem is, destructive and annoying as they may be, they are cute little guys. Look - there's one breaking in right now!


Buy at Art.com

I told you.

And there really isn't much I can do about them.

So much for the tulips.

Copyright © 2009 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ahhh- he's so cute! The vandals ruining my garden are far less adorable. Wild turkey and not the fun alcohlic kind, the mean flower destroying kind. Want to trade?

jessica said...

Its just an amazing blog... i just loved it.. thanks for the information..


___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free