03 July 2009

Reprieve

This morning the sun came out for about five minutes.

Really, this summer has been so rainy, that nothing else matters. Trust me.

And then our day went like this...

Our daughter had a few friends over for an impromptu cookout/party. When they got here this morning, the sun popped out for those 5 minutes.

Then it went away, so the kids went downstairs to play Guitar Hero World Tour. I sat on the basement steps and watched while they did Michael Jackson's Beat It. It was hilarious because they butchered it, but it was also nostalgic and a bit sad for me, considering recent events.

And then there came the sun again. Blue sky! Sunshine! Warmth!

We all ran frantically outside to soak up any fleeting rays. But miracle of miracles, the clouds parted and there was a LOT of sun. For about three hours, we soaked, we grilled burgers, we jumped on the trampoline, we went for a walk, and we took full advantage of this rare sunny day.

The fog and clouds are rolling back in now as I type this. But it's ok. We've had a small reprieve. Dare I hope for a repeat performance tomorrow?

I don't dare.

Copyright © 2009 - Paulla Estes

7 comments:

agustin listyowati said...

A very interesting story of

Remnant said...

Oh, I do so hope you get your needed sunshine today!

Sirona Jewelry™ said...

Hi fellow Mainer!

The sun has been out a few times this morning here in Westbrook, and I am stunned and delighted! Looking out my window right now I can see blue sky between cumulous clouds. Wonderful!!! Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Mary Bullock said...

I don't know - I think I saw my neighbor gathering some animals two by two! LOL!

Paulla said...

LOL ~ it's fun to hear about everyone else's weather stories, too. Thanks for commisserating with me. Looks like we have a bit of sun now!

jessica said...

Its just an amazing blog... i just loved it.. thanks for the information..


___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free

victor said...

thanks for this great links ,

___________________
victor
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels