09 March 2010

Pending...

That's the word that best describes my life at the moment. Everything is pending. The kids are almost grown (not that I want them to be). My son is waiting to hear from grad schools (he heard from a couple already; got into one). My husband and I are waiting to find that elusive time alone (with a house full of teenagers - yeah right). Spring cleaning is underway, but then, it never really ends.

All that to say, I've been meaning to sit down and write about our three NEW cats, but it's a story, new as it may be, that deserves the right telling.

Until then, let me just say that two out of three ain't bad. One cat is a model citizen. The second is still young, but a real sweetheart. The third? Saying that he's a menace is putting it mildly. We have a water gun with his name on it, but we use it on him so much that I'm beginning to think he likes it. He is very healthy and VERY well fed; yet he spends nearly all his time looking for more food. He steals any and everything he can get his grubby little paws on. If there's no food available, he'll knock anything that moves off the kitchen counter. Or table. Or coffee table. Or bathroom counter. Or bookshelf. You get the idea. Just when we think we've got the house in safe order, he'll find the flaw. On the other hand, he's extremely affectionate and not the least bit aggressive.

I'll tell more about him later, but for now, I can tell you that his name is "Henry, NO!"

Meow.

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Connie said...

So cute! Where did Andy get into grad school?