07 April 2010

Bubbles


We're a bit confused here in Maine. Easter Sunday was a phenomenon, weather wise. It was 75 degrees at our house.

Understand that although at this time of year all the stores sell those cute, springtime Easter outfits, my children have always worn them with boots and a winter coat. If it's not snowing on Easter, it's certainly cold and muddy, if nothing else.

Not this year.

Easter fell on the 4th of April, but to us, it felt like the 4th of July. In fact, in honor of the lovely day, we opted to have a cook-out rather than a traditional ham dinner. We grilled steaks and had dinner outside on the patio. In fact, we spent the entire day outside.

The tulips and daffodils are up, and the crocuses are already gone. And it's still early April. I keep pinching myself. I probably shouldn't say this, since it's so politically incorrect, but... if this is global warming, I'll take it.

And I'll also take that Diet Coke, now that Lent is over. :)

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

Rocky Mountain Yankee said...

My friends and family have been telling me how nice the weather has been in Maine lately. I just can't wrap my head around it having spent so many cold and wet Easters locked in the house. I with ya on the global warming ;-)

Larry's Dad said...

75 in Maine on Easter - 50's and rain in California on Easter.

Odd indeed!