26 May 2010

Summer has arrived in Maine

Last week I wore a coat to our daughter's track meet. A coat over a fleece.

Yesterday it was 87 degrees and we are all sunburnt. Coats are a distant memory.

Last night at 10:00 p.m., I was feeling hot and disgruntled. My darling husband asked what he could do to make me feel better. I pointed at the A/C unit in its box on the floor of our bedroom. I had dragged it out earlier in the day, hoping he'd have time to install it, but then in my desperate desire to avoid the stifling hot upper level of our house, I'd forgotten about it until we went up to bed.

He sighed and told me that he'd been waiting for this weather for EIGHT MONTHS.

But being the kind-hearted soul that he is, he installed the A/C and the room soon cooled to a sleep-able temperature.

Today the forecast was for a high of 83. It's now 90 at 11:00 a.m.

Hello, Summer.

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's hotter in Maine than in southwestern Virginia!