13 July 2010

July - Day 13

Today was my youngest daughter's half-day, which means she's 16 and 1/2. We celebrate half days because two of our kids have birthdays right around Christmas time. My mother-in-law came up with this idea and we all love it.

When the kids were younger, we gave them small gifts or did something special that day. Now, I'm sad to say, we're lucky if we remember it.

To celebrate today, the daughter in question mowed the lawn. Then she played in her summer basketball league. We did go out to dinner tonight to celebrate, but again, I'm sad to say, it wasn't specifically for her half day. It was to celebrate, or rather, commemorate, our son's last day in Maine. Tomorrow he heads out west where he will ultimately begin grad school in the fall.

A bittersweet day. And Happy Half-Day, Pumpkin. :)


(#40 is the one celebrating the half-day.)

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

TW-US said...

Saw your comment on Catherine's blog. I have older children, too, and it is hard to have them grow up and move away.

Connie said...

Good "D" Mollie!

Armando Codina said...

I just love to play Basket ball. Anyways, Nice post. It was pleasure reading your post.