15 July 2010

July - Day 15

A couple of years ago, we had a VERY BIG tree cut down in our back yard. We cut up most of it and used it for firewood, but several really big logs were difficult to split, and they ended up just hanging around the yard. So this year, rather than stew about looking at the big logs, I decided to roll them up against the fence and "pretty" them up. It's funny how a little thing like this can transform a boring section of the yard.


In other news, my son is in Phoenix this week. The high today in Phoenix was 115. The low last night was 94. Yeah, I know it's dry heat and all that, but 115 is 115. He told me over the phone that people are getting severe burns from the pavement, which is about 180 degrees. I am seriously worried about driving a car through there, which I will do later this month. Won't the tires, like, melt to the pavement?

All I know is that the A/C had better be on its best behavior.

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Huskerbabe said...

Love the flowers on the stumps! It's so pretty, great idea!!

Connie said...

Those stumps are so cool with the flowers....

Cara R said...

Very pretty!! What an unusual great idea! ;)
As to the heat in Arizona~yikes! Here in Texas it has only been 98 to 99 with a heat index of 105 or so. Sounds like spring next to Arizona! ;)

cindy said...

Nice Flowers!! I really like your Idea! Thanks.