28 August 2010

The Lake

I am so behind that I can't even remember how the saying goes about "... the behinder I get." Whatever. We went to the lake two weeks ago - no, scratch that - we got BACK from the lake two weeks ago.

Wow, really? Where did August run off to?

Ok I don't have time to ponder that, so here is a bit of a photo journal from the lake...

The view outside our back door...



Morning Mist...



What he did. ALL DAY EVERY DAY...







Every day looked JUST like this...



And every evening looked like this...



We saw wildlife...









And an unusually friendly duck adopted us - two days in a row. She hung out with us and followed our boat whenever we moved away from her. Cute. And creepy at the same time...









Our girls each had fun in their own way. One wanted to do nothing but fish - a chip off the old block, if you ask me. She got up early and spent all day on the boat...



She also swam off the boat a couple of times, until I showed her that photo of the snapping turtle...



Our other daughter slept half the day and spent the other half doing her artwork out on the dock. When she wasn't watching TV...



We kayaked...







And Grandma and Grandpa came to spend a couple of days with us...

Grandma kayaked...



And Grandpa caught the prize fish of the week...



As always, the week was over much too soon...




We plan to live on a lake one day. It's perhaps the primary common goal of our marriage. Who knows when or if we'll ever be able to afford it, but you have to have goals, right?

And don't tell me it wouldn't be a vacation every day of the year. Covering my ears and not listening.

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Very exciting. I'm so happy that you are getting to do all these great things with your family and really LIVING life. Lake is one of my favorite destinations more peaceful and quite compared to other outdoor areas.

Elizabeth said...

WOW! These photos are amazing! you are such a nice photographer!! Awesome!!

Nichole said...

Wow...this post has made me so homesick for Maine. I moved away in '92 and I miss it so much. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!

insurance quotes said...

Lake is one of my favorite destinations more peaceful and quite compared to other outdoor areas.These photos are amazing!