12 September 2010

Smile

This little beauty is thanks to my creative husband.


Besides, what reason would we have NOT to smile? We're in Maine. And in spite of what the calendar might say, fall is here. It blew in on Friday and we caved in and turned our heater on for a little while today.

My son calls every day from Arizona, where it's still in the 90s each day. I thought I'd be jealous, and I'm sure I will be - in January. But right now, it feels good to put on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt.

It feels RIGHT.

Ok... if you want the REAL story, yesterday I got just a little bit bummed that summer is over in Maine. I like fall, but fall means winter is coming, and winter is LOOONNNNGGG. So my sunflower-smiling-husband told me not to think about it. He said I should forget about winter and just remember all the things I love about fall.

So that's what I'm doing. I baked a pie, made spaghetti, put on my sweatshirt and now we're watching football.

So... smile with me, K? :)

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Lexa said...

There is so much to love about Fall too! Enjoy it and enjoy that sweet husband of yours that has a big heart to make such a sweet sunflower!

Kristy said...

I love Maine! We vacation at Goose Rocks Beach every year. It's a special place that gives off a feeling you can't describe, but anyone that's ever been to Maine knows what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

This is the best time of the year to be in Maine. The colors have already started and their lots of festivals.
Brian Callahan
Raymond, ME

snoring solutions said...

Enjoy it and enjoy that sweet husband of yours that has a big heart to make such a sweet sunflower!You have said it very well. Keep going.
This is a fascinating post!