31 October 2010

Happy Halloween

For the first time in my 23 years of being a parent, I am not taking anyone trick-or-treating, nor am I worrying about anyone out trick-or-treating. My son is off in Arizona, studying (his Halloween party was last night) and my two girls are watching horror flicks in the basement with friends.

After watching the Broncos lose, the Patriots win, and Brett Favre get hurt, my husband and I turned off football and now we're watching Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.

It was weird, this year, we didn't carve pumpkins, and I didn't even drag our fake jack-o-lanterns out of the basement until after the first trick-or-treater arrived around 5:00 p.m.

But it FEELS like Halloween outside. All the pretty leaves are gone - only the oaks remain. It is cold and blustery. The air smells crisp and there is a hint of burning wood on the breeze. In my book, the holiday season has now officially begun. :)

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

health quotes said...

I honestly believe yours is one of
the best blogs on the web.