25 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Here's hoping your Thanksgiving is a peaceful day full of good food and good visits with family and friends.

I'm missing my oldest today, as he's out west. But thankfully my mom went to see him, and she is cooking dinner for him and some of his grad school friends today.

Do you have a tradition of going around the Thanksgiving table and talking about everything for which you are thankful? We do. It usually starts out with the usual things - that we're thankful for family and friends, home and food, jobs and freedom. Then sometimes we get corny and we talk about being thankful for our favorite foods on table... and thankful that there's not more of our lesser favorites. It's almost like a brainstorming session, because sometimes it takes several minutes before we really get into the nitty gritty and talk about how truly thankful we are for one another, and for the little things that make our relationships so special.

I highly recommend it.

And today I have to say, one of the things I am thankful for this year, as petty as it may seem, is that I was able to sleep in until 10:00 this morning. We locked up the two cats that like to terrorize us at 5:00 a.m., and it was... bliss. When I awakened, I looked at my husband and said, "I haven't slept in this late in years... maybe in decades!"

I'm also thankful that some of the local radio stations are now playing Christmas music. I could listen to it all year.

So now that I've frittered away half the day, it's time to go cook the meal, most of which is already prepared, and get ready for the rest of the day.

Lastly, I am thankful, as always, for living in this beautiful state. Maine is definitely the place to be during the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Connie said...

Thankful for a fun friend like you with a great blog to keep up with your life...