02 November 2010

I Voted

At this time of the year, I often have to remind myself to be THANKFUL for all the annoying signs and phone calls.

They are evidence that we live in a free nation where we are free to run for office and to choose who will lead us.

I went to the polling place right after work and immediately saw a neighbor, a friend, an acquaintance, and a wonderful older man from our church.

I know two of the ladies who are running against each other for state rep (opposite parties) and I really like them both. Both live less than a mile from me.

I just love living in a small town like this. I wish you all could come live here and experience it with me.

Ok, well maybe not. Find your own small town. :P

Seriously, though - I voted.

Did you?

Copyright © 2010 - Paulla Estes

No comments: