25 May 2011

Busy Busy

Excuses, excuses. And yes, I have them.

The big one is that I lost my voice, but I've found it again. No, not my real voice - my writer's voice.

I probably lost it among working nearly full time, losing our 16-year-old dog to old age, getting the girls ready for prom, flying to San Diego for my dad's 70th birthday, and getting ready for an upcoming graduation, not to mention another trip out west to take one of my daughters to college.

I get out of breath just re-reading that last sentence. While I was gone to San Diego over the weekend, however, I didn't take my computer and I got the chance to do a lot of reading and pondering on the plane. I'm reading a book that has inspired me to pick up my pen (or keyboard, as the case may be) once again.

For me, not writing, is like not exercising. After a while I feel sluggish and sad and slightly hopeless. Writing fulfills me in a way nothing else can.

That said, the next several weeks are still crazy, but I'm determined to do this. I need it.

On that note, I'm off at a sprint again, but here is what the scenery was like at our house last week... notice the absence of snow. :)



Ah, youth. They won't know how cute they are until they're old and look back on these times and realize they no longer look like this.

Speaking as one who knows.

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

No comments: