03 June 2011

Final Exam

My middle daughter is a senior in high school with only days left in her high school career. Graduation is next week.

For her German 4 class, she was given the option of taking the final exam, or doing a copy of a painting by a German artist - on a school classroom ceiling tile. She opted to do the artwork.

Thankfully, she was given a ceiling tile to bring home, so no, she didn't have to hang Michelangelo-style in her German classroom all week.

Here is a photo of the original by Carl Spitzweg:


And here is the copy my daughter did on the ceiling tile:


Pretty cool, huh? My mom is very artistic, but the gene definitely skipped a generation and landed on my daughter. Me? I'd have taken the final.

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Holy Moly! That is impressive! Just...wow.

Cara R said...

Wow is right!! That is wonderful! I am totally impressed with her art! I think she has a great future ahead of her! ;)

Vannie Ryanes said...

Adding my "Wow!" She has a wonderful gift and talent.