30 June 2011

Panic Mode

It's the last day of June and I haven't yet been to the beach. School starts two months from today and it feels like the countdown has begun. We've been planning to go to the beach tomorrow, but it looks like it might be too chilly. And it might rain. Neither of which is conducive to a fun day at the seashore.

Maine summers are do darn short that I often feel panicky throughout the summer, as if we need to cram as much sunshiny fun into our days as possible, so we can survive the impending winter. But experience tells me that even going to the beach every single summer day will not help at all, come February.

Wow, that's a depressing thought. Forget it - I'm going outside now to water the flowers and veggie garden. No more thoughts of winter. Next time I mention it, slap me.

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

Huskerbabe said...

It's supposed to get to 100 here again today. I'm suffering from a serious lack of motivation to do anything.

Carolyn said...

105 here today. I only go outside to go to work and come home. And to water the few plants that just might survive this heat. We're coming to Maine in August and it BETTER not be above 80 degrees.