10 August 2011

Gasp

I am shocked and stunned at how much there is to do before my daughter leaves on Sunday for her freshman year out west. There just isn't enough time.

And now the emotions are starting to hit me, a bit sooner than expected. I hate good-byes, and this good-bye is going to be particularly hard, as we won't see her again until Christmas.

*throat tightening*

God help me.

*****

In other news, I am walking 18 miles this week. In one day.

Now, however, I am realizing why I am doing this. It is giving me a purpose - something to do - so I won't fixate on the fact that my little girl is going to be so far away.

Sigh.

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Karen @ Mignardise said...

Hey, nice blog! Not sure how I found you but I'm glad I did. I'm another Maine blogger, mostly food. And my middle child is leaving for college NEXT WEEK too and I can't bear it either.
I hope you'll visit my blog. You can find me at
http://mignardise.blogspot.com

Karen