01 November 2011

Day One - 30 Days of Thanksgiving

In this difficult economy and stressful time in our nation, I am thankful for my husband's job. He is our family's primary supporter and while his job often makes him frustrated, tires him out, and even on occasion, takes him out of town, it is a precious thing.

Here is a recent picture of us in Rochester, NY at a football game... during a rare vacation when my dear husband wasn't working or thinking about work.


Won't you join me in giving thanks for the next 30 days?

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Thank you for sharing your appreciation of your husband's hard work. I hope you let him know how thankful you are every day!

Watching my husband's work truck drive in the driveway after a 12-hour workday, every day for 31 years, for me, was one of the reasons that I love him so. He worked in the same industry since he was 14 years old and is the reason that we were able to raise a son and maintain our home.

Last June, he became blind at the age of 49 due to a stroke. The truck never made it back to the driveway, and the home was nearly lost.

But, he made it through his stroke, has learned how to live without his sight, and just this month he got a lead for his first job interview. He is eager to use the computer skills that he has learned, along his with screen reader software, to become employed again in a new career.

I am thankful now that when I look over at him, he still gets up at 6 AM in the morning and that he is still here, for me.

Lyn

Paulla said...

Lyn, thank you so much for sharing your story. What a beautiful tribute to your husband and your love for him. I join you in being thankful that he is still around, still with you, and now, able to work again. What a blessing. :)

Anonymous said...

Go Yellowjackets!

Connie said...

What a cool idea! I'm just catching up on day 6, but looking forward to it...