10 November 2011

Day Ten - The Baby of the Family


I am thankful for my youngest child who was (and still is) a complete surprise to us. I was surprised with a pregnancy only three months after her sister was born. Surprise!

She surprised us as a baby and toddler by being quieter (by far) than either her brother or her sister. Surprise!

She surprised us by having a knack for the game of basketball by the age of eight. Surprise!

She then surprised us by turning the tables on her early, quiet years, and now she is easily the loudest, most dramatic, and most flamboyant person in the house.

And now that her brother has moved out, she's also the tallest. Surprise!

Seriously, this child was so quiet - emitting only grunts and mumbles for the first few years of her life, that I wasn't sure she'd ever talk. Today she never stops talking. Or singing. Or reciting something from a funny movie.

Recently she was voted class clown at her high school.

I am so thankful for surprises. If things had gone according to my plan, we would only have a family of four and we wouldn't know this amazing girl. But God often has other plans, sometimes surprising us in ways we could never imagine in our wildest dreams.

I am thankful for my precious, baby daughter who is now taller than me, and nearly 18-years-old. She makes me laugh on a daily basis and I couldn't be more proud of the person she's become.


Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

2 comments:

Connie said...

OK, caught up with all the kids, how tall is Molly?

Paulla said...

Haha - just shy of 5'11" now. :)