24 November 2011

Day Twenty-Four - Happy Thanksgiving!

This 30 days of Thanksgiving has been a very good thing for me. I realize I should be doing this every day of the YEAR, not just in November. It's changed my perspective and my attitude.

Today, among all the other things I've already listed for which I'm thankful (and all the things I still have to list) I am thankful for GOOD FOOD. What other day of the year do we celebrate with such bounty?

If you've never done so, today (or someday soon) you ought to go visit my friend Barb's delicious website, My Sister's Kitchen. If you get there and don't know where to start, just start with the Orange Pecan Rolls. And after that, go check out her Sourdough Bread Recipe. I've tried these recipes myself (and many more) and I can guarantee their tasty goodness.

We had a small, quiet Thanksgiving day here on the Maine coast. We got seven inches of snow yesterday, so it was a beautiful, crisp morning with a blue sky and frozen trees. My two older children are both in school out on the West Coast, so they went to New Mexico to spend the holiday with my mom. They got to see their grandma, she got to have company, and they are getting a much needed break. Win win win!

So here at our house, it was just me, my husband, and our youngest, who will also be off in college this time next year. We made a modest Thanksgiving dinner together, and enjoyed ourselves immensely. We talked about all the things for which we are thankful, and now we're watching football and eating pie.

I want this attitude of thankfulness to stay with us long after Thanksgiving has passed. My hope and prayer is that we will show our thanks and FEEL thankful all the time; because we all know we have so much for which to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and God bless.

Copyright © 2011 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

M.B. and Esromeu said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family Paulla. Hope it was as much fun as ours. When you have a moment, give this a read.

http://atraviesalavida.blogspot.com/2011/11/taking-time-to-give-thanks.html

All the best.

Mike