02 June 2012

Rainy Saturday

... and Sunday and Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and...

Beyond that, I don't trust the weather guys, but they are saying there is rain in the forecast as far as the meteorological eye can see. This morning a friend on Facebook mentioned that she feels sorry for those in Maine who suffer from S.A.D. when we get weeks such as this. I don't know if I suffer from S.A.D., but I can tell you I am SAD and more than a little ticked off when we get nothing but rain.

"But that's what makes everything so green and pretty," says my husband.

"That's why Springtime in Maine is so flowery and beautiful," say all the annoying people.

"That's why SOME people get pissy and growly and talk about moving away to somewhere warm and sunny," says me.

The really weird thing is that when the sun comes out and it's beautiful outside, I get invigorated - I want to clean the garage and the basement, I start purging closets and drawers and scrubbing floors and walls. I do these things when I should be outside catching those elusive rays (amidst swatting at black flies and mosquitoes).

But then when the rainy days come, and they certainly do, I feel tired and wimpy. All I want to do is to wrap up in a blanket and read or take a nap or eat comfort food - comfort food that someone ELSE has prepared, of course. Those are the days when I should be productive, but struggle with it.

Why do I have to be so backward? Is everyone like that?

Excuse me while I go get a cookie. Or two. Or five.

Copyright © 2012 - Paulla Estes

5 comments:

RG said...

There is no sunset to watch when it rains.

Paulla said...

Yep. Another reason to be tired of it. :(

Beth said...

Aww Paulla. Too bad we don't have any control over the weather. In fact, that is what is so frustrating, we don't have control over the weather, yet it controls us!

I won't brag about the beautiful sunny day in Ohio, temp in the mid 70's with no humidity. I won't tease you about that, I promise. That's the kind of friend I am.
*wink*

Angela said...

I was looking for a blog about Maine or life in Maine and yours looks so beautiful. I have hopes to go in a small vacation to Maine some day. I shall read more of your blog right now! :)
Comgratulations on your daughter's graduation!

Paulla said...

Thanks for your kind words, Angela. I hope you get to visit Maine someday soon! :)