06 September 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Over the weekend, we had my father-in-law's boat, so we made good use of it - just the two of us! (Who said the empty nest is a bad thing?)

Oh, and to clarify, we have one child who came back home, but she is working full time and we rarely see her.

Remember the blue moon last week? This was the last of it, the next morning.


Many, many fish were caught over the weekend, but this is the one and only in which I participated. I held the net, so it counts.


A mama loon and her baby.


Enjoying some sunshine...


But... keeping my toes away from this scary guy!


The eagle show was amazing. Two bald eagles really seemed to be performing for us, flying back and forth over our boat, landing on the tops of trees at water's edge, and diving for fish. I'm only sad that I packed the wrong lens for such photography. But you get the idea.


If you look REALLY hard, you can see a speck of an eagle in the background.


The second day was a bit chillier than the first. Mainly because of the wind.


But the fishing was still good!


More of the eagles...


Hard to tell here - it's eating a fish it just scooped out of the lake.


Perched for our viewing pleasure!


And my trusty water chauffeur who made the weekend absolutely lovely!


Isn't he cute? :)

Copyright © 2012 - Paulla Estes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you both had a wonderful time. What a great way to spend a day. Hope we have many more nice days this fall to enjoy.

Darlene

Greg Fanning said...

Awesome photos, looks like you had a great time. Where about did you take the boat from? I've been living in Portland ME my whole life and my wife and I take our boat out of Kennebunk every Spring-Fall. Love the area so much!

Jackie O'Brien said...

Very cool photos! I'm a realtor in New England and recently helped a couple move to Kennebunk. Such a beautiful area, I'd love to make it back up there later in the Summer!

Jaclyn