24 February 2013

Bailing Out

Months ago, I made plans to go on a trip out west - to go, in JANUARY.

As I mentioned HERE, I was unable to go because I came down with the flu the night before my flight. The flu which lasted nearly three weeks, by the way.

So I rescheduled. To this afternoon. And we awakened this morning to this:











You can't really tell from the photos but it's still coming down hard and isn't expected to let up until tonight.

It's quite beautiful. There's nothing like a heavy, wet snow to turn your average neighborhood and town into a veritable winter wonderland.

And as of right now, my flight is on schedule.

We'll see.

I hate to leave my family at this time of the year when the woodstove must be fed regularly.

Then again, I guess it's a sacrifice I'll just have to make. :)

Copyright © 2013 - Paulla Estes

No comments: