26 June 2013

6th Day of Summer

Once again, I forgot my camera today, so I used my crappy little flip-phone camera. But hey - it's better than nothing.

We went to Boston to pick up my daughter's college roommate who is visiting from Pennsylvania. And of course, as luck would have it, we are having vehicle problems.

One car is having major clutch problems (and gets awful gas mileage) so we couldn't go to Boston in that. Our economy car has been in the shop because of air pump issues. Our jeep, also a bit of a gas guzzler, just had the A/C go out.

Understand that it was in the 90s in Boston today - and humid. So I did the only logical thing.

I rented a car.

Yes, it was extravagant, but it was hot and humid, and then it rained. It's still raining. It's supposed to rain for a week - JUST the thing you want when a friend from out of town comes for a visit. :(

Anyway, here are some shots from our favorite spots in the North end. On my crappy flip phone camera.

Favorite pastry shop...



Favorite pastries!



Outside Quincy Market as the rain began.



A guy singing "Here Comes the Sun," and with a beautiful voice, I might add. It didn't work, though - it only rained harder. :/



At our favorite pizza place... ahh, so good!



Copyright © 2013 - Paulla Estes

No comments: