27 August 2013

68th Day of Summer

Yesterday turned out to be another beach day.

When my kids were young (and home), we went to the beach several times each summer. But in recent years, I'm lucky if I get there at all.

Last week before our youngest daughter headed back to NY, she told me she wanted a day with me at the beach. It was the first time I'd gone all summer, and I figured it would be the last.

But then yesterday my friend Becky, and I, realized we had about four morning hours to spare, so we packed up and got to Popham just as they opened.

It was heaven. As you can see by the photos, the tide was out and we practically had the place to ourselves. We walked for what seemed like miles. The temperature was in the upper 70s and there was a slight sea breeze.

We wanted to stay all day. But alas, duty called, and we left by noon.

As we took the last photo you'll see here, we said to each other, "Wouldn't it be a hoot if we drove over here once a week all year just to take a photo?" We laughed and then we thought - hey, we should really make that happen. Who knows if we will, but that's our plan. I'll let you know how it works out. When I told my husband about it, he said, "Yeah, hope springs eternal on the beach in the summertime." That annoyed me, so now I'm DETERMINED to do it. :)

So here you go - more Popham photos for your viewing pleasure.

























Copyright © 2013 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I'm just a Washington DC-er who grew up on Maine and enjoying your photos meanwhile till I can retire and move back! I remember Popham beach so well! Laura G.