17 October 2013

Clouds, Then Sun

I've heard people say this year that the foliage isn't as vibrant as usual. In fact, I've heard them tell this to tourists.

My husband pointed out that that's quite an arrogant thing to say to someone - especially to someone who has come all the way to Maine from another place JUST to see said foliage.

I wholeheartedly agree.

But what's more, I'm not sure where these locals are LOOKING. I've lived here for a lot of autumns and to me, each one gets prettier and prettier. I keep saying this year that it's the best one I've ever seen, but I also know I've said that before.

When I leave the house each day, the vibrancy just takes my breath away. I've taken to walking as much as possible, when I run errands, when I do anything or go anywhere. And of course I always bring my camera.

My husband thinks it's lovelier to me because I'm getting out more this year. My daughter thinks it's because the weather has been so mild and warm.

Whatever the reason, I feel like a tourist. So once again - a few more pics from around the area - on a day that started out cloudy but ended with sunshine.



Copyright © 2013 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

Katie said...

Gorgeous pics! The colors look very vibrant to me!