16 April 2014

Spring Snow

Last night as we were falling asleep, I mentioned to my husband that I heard we were supposed to wake up to snow in the morning.

"Hmph," he growled, checking his phone. "It's 50 degrees now. There's NO WAY we're having snow tonight."

Understand that it's been in the 50s and even 60s each day for over a week now. The last of the snow in our yard melted days ago. We've begun raking out the gardens and we're watching the tulips, daffodils, irises and crocuses begin to poke their little heads out of the cold ground.

In spite of no forsythia blossoms yet, Spring is here. We DEMAND that it's here!

And then we awakened to this...


Yeah.

Very funny.

Thankfully now at 3:00 p.m., most of it has melted or blown away.

And I'm desperately keeping my eye on that forsythia bush in the front yard...

Copyright © 2014 - Paulla Estes

No comments: