08 December 2014

Savoring

This year, I'm trying to savor the season.

Shopping is nearly done, meals planned, tree up. Usually it's a frenzy until the 11th hour.

This year I want to hear the music, see the grace, enjoy the moments.

Every year I say that I wish we could do away with the whole gift-giving part of Christmas and just sprinkle gifts randomly throughout the year, instead.

But I don't make the rules.

So instead, I'm finally starting to get organized, if you want to call it that, and I'm scheduling the savoring. If not, the frenzy will simply take over.

Not this year.

Copyright © 2014 - Paulla Estes

1 comment:

ILS Becky said...

HI, Paulla. So glad to find your blog and be reminded of Maine. We lived in Kennebunk for five years and sadly moved this past summer. I have read some blogs now for a couple of years but never one from Maine. I skimmed through yours and could relate to the "dump" posting as that was new to us when we moved to Maine too and it surprisingly became one of our favorite days of the week!!

Becky