20 February 2015

Overwhelmed

So we're still on the 3-day pattern with the snowstorms.

STILL.

We dodged a bullet this past Sunday when the oh-so-accurate weather guys forecasted an 18-24 inch blizzard, but all we got was an inch and some wind.

THANK YOU, GOD.

It snowed again yesterday, as expected, and again we were spared with only about 6 inches.

We've got another one coming this Sunday and they're saying it will be a lot, but it might be partly ice/partly freezing rain.

Oh joy.

In case you hadn't figured it out, my sarcasm meter pretty much tops out around this time of the year.

**********

On another note, this is the Lenten season and I realize now, three days into Lent, that what I really should have given up was complaining about the snow. But then, it's not good to set oneself up for failure during Lent.

I gave up Facebook, I've pulled way back from Twitter, and I'm reading more about what Lent means and what it signifies. I'm realizing that Lent isn't so much about giving things up, but rather, giving to others and finding joy.

I so need that at this time of the year - the timing couldn't be better.

Taking and deep breath and thanking God for the snow... and feeling joyful that the first day of Spring is only about a month away...

Copyright © 2015 - Paulla Estes

No comments: