03 June 2015

Yikes!

Our youngest daughter has become a bit of a thrill-seeker after spending a semester in South America last year. Plus, she's the youngest child, so you can do with that what you will.

Anyway, as she's between her junior and senior year in college, she needed an internship to add to her resume. We found a few for the summer, including a very low-key but educational internship at MY work place, but instead, she decided to go with one she was offered at Sky Dive New England.

Yeah.

So you can guess what happened next. Although she's working in marketing and customer service, with her intern hours she earns free opportunities to sky dive. I think I covered my ears the first time she told me this.

Then last week I got a phone call. Her voice was higher and faster than I'd ever heard it, other than when she'd sucked helium out of a balloon. She'd just made her first jump.

Good God.

Thankfully, it is a safe, reputable place, and of course her first jump was a tandem jump. Secretly I hoped that if she tried it once, she'd hate it.

I'm not sure, but something here tells me she didn't. What do you think?




Then last night I got this text:

"My 8 hour sky-diving course on Thursday is being led by a new friend I have here from Brazil, and he is familiar with everywhere I visited in Chile! :)"

I'm afraid she's hooked.

God help me.

Copyright © 2015 - Paulla Estes

5 comments:

wanderingaroundtheblock said...

I can certainly relate to your experiences. My youngest daughter is currently hiking/camping solo through Yosemite, Grand Tetons and Rocky Mountain National Park. I breathe a sigh of relief every time we receive a text and know that she is ok.

Paulla said...

Wow - sounds like a fun adventure! Glad to hear I'm not alone with the parental worries. :)

connie said...

Wow! I would be worried too! Molly looks happy! Connie

Joshua Saucier said...

Seems fun! Thanks for sharing! RMCG

Angela said...

Very brave to do sky diving!!! I would be so scared!