1. I wish I had a mudroom. I consider mudrooms in Maine a necessity, not a luxury. See the photo of our current mudroom? Right – there isn’t one. We have mud areas that are tiny parts of our kitchen and our living room (as you can see in the photos) as well as an unfinished coat closet. My husband says the garage is our mudroom. I have only disdain for that remark.
2. I wish I had a screened-in porch. Wouldn’t that be nice on those black-fly evenings of May and June, not to mention the mosquito evenings of July? Ah, my dream. I’d sit behind the screen and scoff at all the little evil biting bugs.
3. I wish I had an extra room over our garage. Do we need it? Probably not, but the way I see it, it has a very high ceiling that could be put to much better use. All that wasted space!
4. I wish I had 4-wheel drive SUV. Yes, they are evil gas-guzzlers (ok, I used the word evil twice – I guess I’m in a mood) but I like them. Front wheel drive is good; 4-wheel drive is better.
5. I wish I had a cook and a gardener (hey, I’m dreaming here – so why not?)
Ok, that’s it. I guess if those are the only things I want in life, then I’m doing ok. Tomorrow I’ll tell you all the reasons for which I’m thankful – a much longer list.
Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, I could tell it was Wednesday today, because it was snowing. That sounds like a great name for a movie - "If It's Snowing, This Must be Wednesday."
Copyright © 2008 - Paulla Estes